9 Things To Do On a Rainy Day
It’s raining outside and the kids are getting bored. They are starting to complain, fight and may even be stirring up trouble in an attempt to occupy themselves.
Before you throw them out into the storm, why don’t you try these 9 things to do on a rainy day?
- Parents.com has some awesome paper crafts you can do with your kids. This will keep them busy and they will get to use their creativity.
- Puzzles are a great way to keep the kids occupied on a rainy day. In addition to the puzzles that you put together by hand, Discovery Kids has some really neat online puzzles that they can play.
- Another one of the great things to do on a rainy day is have the kids act out a story. Not only is this fun, but it is an awesome way to get them to remember it and understand it. ReadWriteThink.org tells you exactly how. Remember, parents can join in, too!
- Nickelodeon’s Parent Connect has one of the most fun things to do on a rainy day… a dance party! This just sounds like so much fun!
- How about you and your kids build an indoor fort? Shea Apartment Living has a great article on how to build one.
- Disney’s Family website reveals the fun and importance of having your kids help you cook. This is a great bonding activity, they will learn new skills and they will even have a finished (and hopefully edible) product in the end! If they are very small, they can still participate by putting lettuce in a bowl, stirring or pouring water into a dish.
- Kids love to play with cardboard boxes, so why don’t you let them? Check out this awesome cardboard box maze by Jessica Lynette.
- Scavenger hunts are a fun idea for kids, but there is no rule that says they have to be outside. There are lots of things you can use, like Moms & Munchkins revealed.
- Do your kids like science? Then check out Love My Science, where they have an incredibly comprehensive list of experiments that they will enjoy and they will have the added benefit of learning!