I was given a Dr. Praeger’s Coupon to try out one of their products. I went to Dorothy Lane Market and picked up the Tex Mex Veggie Burgers for this review. I am NOT the healthy person in this household that would be my hubby.
What caught my attention the most was that they had “Where you recognize all the ingredients” on the box.
Here are the ingredients for this Tex Mex Veggie Burger:
Carrots, Black Beans, Onions, String Beans, Oat Bran, Corn, Soybeans, Zucchini, Red Peppers, Peas, Broccoli, Soy Flakes, Spinach, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Cilantro, Arrowroot, Jalepeno Peppers, Garlic, Chili Powder, Corn Starch, Corn Meal, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper
I recognized all but one and that was Arrowroot and Arrowroot is a large perennial herb found in rainforest habitats and is cultivated for a starch. The lack of gluten in arrowroot flour makes it useful as a replacement for wheat flour in baking.
Hubby needs to eat foods that have no to small amounts of Cholesterol (none in this product) and I need items low in sodium and this product has both!
Also, I’m not a veggie person at all!! This product was not bad which means it was good and I got my veggies in for the day. LOL.
If you are looking for an all natural sensible foods then enter to win to give this product a try!
Two Winners Will WIN 2 FREE Product Coupons
- By participating you have read Pays2Save Official Giveaway Rules
- Open to 18 yrs and older in the US
- Giveaway starts today and ends May 4th, 2012 1159pm EST
- Winner has 48 hours to reply to my email if not a new winner will be chosen
- Leave a comment after you have visited Dr. Praeger’s website letting me know which 2 products you would like to try out.
- Extra Entries: If you are following me on Facebook, Twitter, or G+ leave an extra comment
- Extra Entries: Leave a comment if you shared, tweeted, +1 or pinned this post