How To Make A Watermelon Baby For Your Friend’s Baby Shower
I had a few fans asking how I made the watermelon baby, so I decided to post about it.
What You Will Need:
- Oblong Watermelon
- 2 half cantaloupes or whole
- Blackberries or Raspberries (I went for black for color)
- Grapes (Red or Green)
Directions: (sorry no photos for steps )
- Mark your watermelon with a sharpie for cutting the opening
- Carve out your watermelon (I used my melon scooper for little watermelon balls to put back in)
- Grab half cantaloupe and using a knife peel skin off; cut a small opening for pacifier
- With other cantaloupe use melon scooper to make balls and ears and nose (use toothpicks to hold them in place)
- Get two grapes and cut them for eyes and use toothpicks to hold them in place
- Fill your watermelon with the fruits and place the melon head at the back
- Put on a tray and use the leftover fruits around the watermelon
Things I would have done differently! I wouldn’t have carved the whole watermelon out. I would have left some of the watermelon flesh inside for height for the baby’s head.
It turned out so cute!!
If you try this, please let me know by leaving a comment! Thank you so much! Enjoy!