How To Make Cake Ball Pops for Any Occasion
Love seeing all those cake ball pops everywhere and thinking you can’t make them. They are EASY TO DO!!! My kids love making cake pops with me. You can make them for Baby Showers, Bridal Showers or any occasions for that matter. Change the colors and get creative!
How To Make Cake Ball Pops
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 cake mix
- 2 packages of white candy melt (I use Wilton’s)
- 1 package of large candy balls (like Sixlets)
- 1 package of small candy balls
- 2 packages of mini candy balls or edible pearls
- 48 white mini cupcake wrappers
- 48 bright or pastel pattern cupcake wrappers
- donut hole baking pan or Babycake’s minis
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package.
- Spray the donut hole pan with a non stick baking spray or use your Babycake’s mini to make the balls instead.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and fill each well of the donut hole pan approximately 1/3 – 1/2 full. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cake balls to cool for 10-15 minutes then remove from pan to finish cooling. Place cake ball in freezer for approximately 20 minutes before decorating.
- While cake balls chill in the freezer, melt the white candy melt according to package. Remove cake balls from freezer and carefully coat each with the white candy melt. Place candy coated cake balls in a mini cupcake wrapper.
- I find it easiest to place each cake ball on a lollipop stick while coating and then transfer to the mini cupcake wrapper and remove the stick. Or use a round cake pop stand if you want a few on a stick.
- While the candy melt is still warm, sprinkle with the mini candy balls or edible pearls.
- Allow the cake balls to set until candy melt is completely hardened. While candy melt hardens, fill full size cupcake wrappers 2/3 full with large & medium candy balls. When candy melt has hardened, place each cake ball into a filled cupcake wrapper, pressing down to push candy up around the cake ball.