Softest Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
I have made this recipe twice already and little man every time has just stuffed two cookies at once into his mouth. And with a mouthful says, “These are good!” 🙂
Hubby loves them too and so does the girls. It’s my FAVORITE cookie recipe of all time!! They are so soft!!! Yes the have lasted past the first day and even the third day they are still soft!!
Adapted from Food.com
- 1/2 cup of room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon (more if you love cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting or Penuche Glaze from Food.com
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Next mix in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Now mix flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Drop tablespoons of pumpkin mixture unto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden. I removed from oven when middle part of cookie didn’t cave in with my touch. Normally my cookies cooked for 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a minute or two and transfer to cooling racks.
- Let cool before frosting.
- You can add nutmeg to the recipe.
- I didn’t do the Penuche Glaze the second time around, it was too sweet. I just used the cream cheese frosting and love it so much better.