Valentine’s Day Recipe: Heart-Shaped Pancakes
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner it seems that everyone has ideas on the perfect gift. Even though the day is targeted towards couples, that doesn’t mean your kids can’t celebrate with a cute meal of their own! This Valentine’s Day recipe for Heart-Shaped Pancakes is quick, easy and your kids will love them.
What You Need:
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Red food coloring
- Pancake mix
How to Make Heart-Shaped Pancakes:
- Make pancake batter according to directions on the box.
- Add some red food coloring, enough to make the batter red but don’t use too much either. (The amount of food coloring will depend on how many pancakes you are making, but a little can go a long way.)
- Cook the batter into pancakes.
- Before serving, cut the pancakes into hearts using your cookie cutters.
- Serve with whipped cream and maybe use syrup to make a smiley face.
- If you are hesitant to use red food coloring, you can use other colors.
- If your child can’t eat pancakes or doesn’t like them, then you can use the heart-shaped cookie cutters for something else, like toast or eggs.
Photo taken by my friend: Jennifer Garza
This Valentine’s Day recipe is so easy to make and your kids will appreciate that you made heart-shaped pancakes just for them.
The post contains links to sponsors/affiliates. Here is a link to our disclosure policy