When It Comes To Couponing Are You…
A bit impulsive, disorganized, or a pro looking for the BEST deal around? What does your shopping style tell about you? Does this go into your grocery shopping with coupons? Or you don’t bother with coupons cause you don’t believe it will save you money! (Been there and done that too.)
About me…The Impulsive Buyer
I USED to be an impulsive buyer!!! (But NOT anymore!) Yep, I saw something that I had to have and if I had the money I would just buy it. I would NOT go looking for the best deal! Cause I used to think, “that Time is MONEY!!”
Are you like that? Here are some tips to help your impulsive ways:
- Stop by the customer service desk and ask for coupons. Many have them to give to you.
- Keep an Entertainment.com Book in your car (in my case, van). I love this book! You get great local and national coupons in the book!
Oh my! This could be me too right now! I clip my coupons from the newspaper/internet and place them into my coupon holder and once I’m at the store I forget that I left it on my kitchen counter!!! I now leave my coupon binder in the van!! So at least I have SOME of my coupons with me!
Or when you dig to get that coupon from the bottom of your purse…IT’S EXPIRED! gasp! Oh my, yep I’ve been there too. No need to worry about that either!
Here are some tips if you are disorganized or just forgetful:
- Stop and get the in-store coupons at that front of the store. And some stores will have a coupon basket exchange too. Look through that too.
- Don’t forget to look at the products you buy, some will have coupons on them and the cashiers will NOT peel them off for you.
- Pick up the ad at the front door or ask for it at Customer Service. Scan for the deals/sales of the week
- Have a smartphone? Scan for coupons…some store will scan the UPC off your screen or type in the discount codes
- Use your loyalty card! And save when you buy their sale items for that week.
You are a PRO
I would really like to be a PRO, but I’m far from it. I’m a bit forgetful and a bit disorganized, but I’m NOT impulsive anymore. Hubby told me once a upon ago that if I wanted something to put it on a list and if I think about it within the 3 days then I should get it but not without talking it over with him. So my bases are covered on being impulsive plus I don’t have credit cards in my wallet either.
Sheesh what tips would I have for a PRO like you? LOL
- Pay full price? NEVER! Yep you will NOT likely be paying full price EVER!!
- Buy it ONLY if you NEED it.
- Share or swap your coupons with friends and family.
- Bookmark your favorite deal/coupon sites (like mine LOL) on your smartphone!
- Check website often. They are always changing their programs and coming up with new ones.
I want to start using coupons or buy items on sale. Do you have any advice for me?
Yep! I sure do have tips/advice for you too!
- Start small! Don’t overwhelm yourself.
- Buy the newspaper and clip the coupons that you BUY products for!
- Concentrate on the store that you shop at mostly. Know their coupon policy and keep it with you when you go shopping.
- If you have a friend that coupons ask to tag along and see how they do it.
- Start saving with just 20% off your grocery bill and work your way up.